top of page
taxmax services | tax services sacramento

Typically, if you have paid interest to a lender during the year, you will receive a 1098-E which
will detail exactly how much interest you have paid.
Some lenders may not issue this form if you did not pay $600 in interest but don’t let that worry
you! You are still eligible to deduct any interest you paid on your student loans. Just give your
lender a call or check your online portal to see if the information is available.

bottom of page